So, this is going to be a more unconventional post. I was driving up to my husband’s office and on the way I was listening to a YouTube video. The video was “Unleash Your Super Brain To Learn Faster” by Jim Kwik. Basically, he said that there are 6 keys to learning. He used the mnemonic device Be Fast: Believe, exercise, forget, active, state and teach.
Now, I’ve always been a big proponent of hands on learning. If I don’t do it myself, I have a harder time really grasping whatever it is. This is super evident every time I have to put something together. The first thing I do is start looking at all the parts and try to figure out how they all go together. If it’s not intuitive, then I’ll pull out the instructions and go through step by step as I’m building. What I can’t do is read the instructions first, then start building. It won’t make sense to me.
Anyway, this got me wondering if there is a better way to do affirmations. Usually, when I’m doing an affirmation I just repeat it to myself over and over. But, what if we applied “be fast” to our affirmations? Would we adopt the affirmation sooner?
6 Steps To Adopt Your Affirmation
This leads to the question, how can we incorporate “be fast” into our affirmation routine.
- The first part is to just believe that it’s possible.
- Next, is exercise. Simple, go out a get your blood flowing. Take a walk, run, lift some weights…whatever exercise you like to do do it. But, while you’re doing it, focus on your affirmation.
- Now, the tricky part is to forget. I’m not sure exactly how to utilize this part, but maybe the goal should be to forget your current mental construct that is holding you back.
- Active is next. Now, you could say the active part is already covered when you are repeating the affirmation to yourself while you’re exercising. However, you could also start writing the affirmation down instead of simply repeating it.
- So, now we move on to state. Basically, you can’t be bored while you’re working on your affirmation or you’ll never learn to adopt it. You need to be in a state of curiosity, playfulness, happiness. All of a sudden, I’m feeling real bad for not playing barbies with Layla.
- The final key is to teach. Start learning the affirmation so that you can teach it to your child, spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend/family whoever is important to you. You want to be able to teach it to them so that they can reap the benefits of the mindset shift as well.
Ultimately, I am challenging myself and you to try this out and see if it helps. I would love to know your thoughts on this. Do you already have a similar routine? Have you tried something like this in the past? Did it work for you? What are your suggestions? Comment below! And, last but not least, hit that subscribe if you found this interesting or helpful in anyway. Talk to you later!